Each year, the City of North Bay is responsible for managing and investing your tax dollars to meet the needs of this community.
Each year, Council approves a budget that is split into three areas: operating, capital and water/wastewater.
- Operating - The City’s operating budget covers day-to-day spending on services such as recreation, parks maintenance, landfill, city roads, garbage collection, transit, marina and fire services.
- Capital - The City’s capital budget funds assets that support service delivery. It includes the cost of purchase, construction, repair and renewal of City assets such as roads, bridges, equipment, community centres, water and wastewater treatment plants, and other major infrastructure projects.
- Water and Wastewater - The water and wastewater budget ensures the City is able to provide sustainable water services, maintain current infrastructure, such as water pipes, and support the operation of the wastewater treatment plant and related infrastructure.
The annual budget covers all of the city's operational areas, including fire service, community services and operations, recreation, planning and economic development, to name only a few.
- 2018 Final Operating Budget
- 2018 Final Water Budget
- 2018 Administration Recommended Operating Budget
- Proposed 2018 Levy (with changes from the Special Committee Meeting November 28 2017)
- Committee Presentation - Oct 31
- 2017 Budget Open House Presentation
- Where Your Money Goes Handout
- 2017 Capital Budget Presentation October 11 2016
- 2017 Final Operating Budget
- 2017 Final Water & Wastewater Operating Budget
- 2017 Capital Budget Final Website