- You will no longer have to write cheques or stand in line on an installment due date.
- Your financial institution will withdraw the payment on the installment dates and record the payments on your monthly statement.
- You will always make your payment on time, even if you are out of town. You will avoid missed payments and any interest charges.
- You will reduce your postage and cheque costs by providing authorization to automatically withdraw all of your tax payments from your account.
- Your payments are spread over 11 months for ease.
- You don't have to worry about lost or stolen cheques and your personal information is kept strictly confidential.
Monthly (for properties that are NOT in arrears)
- The plan runs from January to November of each year - 11 monthly payments.
- The first six payments (January to June) are based on the previous year's taxes. The remaining 5 payments (July to November) are adjusted to reflect any changes to taxes due to tax rate or assessment related changes.
- There are two withdrawal dates available - First (1st) or Fifteenth (15th) of each month.
- Final Tax Bill will be mailed in June and will indicate your total taxes for the year and is sent for your information only. DO NOT PAY. Please retain the bill for income tax purposes; bills cannot be re-printed. A re-calculated payment schedule will be included with the final bill outlining the five remaining payments for the year.
Installment Plan (For properties that are NOT in arrears)
- Annual taxes owing are withdrawn twice per year on the installment due dates.
Arrears (for properties that have tax arrears)
- Ratepayer must enter into an acceptable payment schedule with the Manager of Revenues & Taxation - (705) 474-0400 ext. 2127.
- Agreed upon monthly payments will be withdrawn on the 1st or 15th of each month.
- Final tax bills and delinquent statements will be issued.
- Penalty/interest will be added based on any outstanding balance.
- Once the account is paid-to-date, ratepayer will have the opportunity to choose either the Monthly or Installment Plan options as noted above.
- To enroll, complete the attached Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Application form.
- Attach a void cheque from the account you wish to use for withdrawal purposes.
- Once registered in either plan, you will automatically be enrolled in subsequent years.
- The payment plan is not transferable to another property. A new application must be completed for each property.
- Upon entry into the program, a payment schedule will be mailed to you advising of payment details for that billing period.
- A NSF administration fee will be charged if funds are returned by the bank (see User Fees for current charge amount).
- A returned item notification will be sent reflecting the amount and due date required for replacement.
- If payment is not received by the specified date, the next month's withdrawal will incorporate the replacement total as well as the required monthly payment.
- The City may cancel the privilege of continuing in the plan if two concurrent installments fail to be honoured in the taxation year.
- The unpaid balance of taxes shall be subject to penalties if overdue.
Change of Information
- Any changes to your pre-authorized payment information must be received in writing at least 15 days prior to the next withdrawal date.
- For bank account changes, a void cheque for the new account is required and completion of the Tax and Water Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Cancellation/Change form.
- For address changes, complete the attached Mailing Address Change form.
Change of Ownership/Cancellation
- Written notice is required at least 15 days prior to the next withdrawal date to cancel the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan for any reason. You must complete the Tax and Water Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Cancellation/Change form.
- Failure to provide the appropriate notice may result in the continuance of future withdrawals from your bank account.
- If we are not notified by the property owner or lawyers, the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan will be cancelled immediately upon receipt of notification of change of ownership.