Residential Low Flow Toilet Replacement Rebate Program
Effective January 1, 2016
Funding for rebates is available until approved funds are exhausted.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is this Rebate Program about?
Toilets account for nearly 30% of residential indoor water consumption. Toilets are also a major source of wasted water due to leaks or inefficiency. The program is offering a $50 rebate for the purchase of one (1) â€œWaterSenseâ€ labelled low-flow toilet that is replacing an existing, less efficient toilet. The rebate is available exclusively for residential units located within the City of North Bay that are connected to the municipal water system.
Limit of one rebate per account. If the property has one account and multiple units, the property would be eligible for one rebate only.
- Program available to residential units located within the City of North Bay.
- Residential unit must be connected to the municipal water system.
- Limit of one rebate per account. If the property has one account and multiple units, the property would be eligible for one rebate only.
- Rebate of $50.00 per replacement WaterSense low-flow toilet.
- Rebate in the form of credit on the water account.
- Applicant must provide the original sales receipt with the completed rebate application form.
- The toilet must be installed to claim the rebate.
- Toilets installed with new construction or renovations are not eligible. Toilets must be replacement toilets.
- The City of North Bay reserves the right to arrange an inspection of your newly installed toilet.
- Rebates will be available on a first come, first served basis until the budget allotment has been exhausted. Submission of an application does not guarantee a rebate.
What if I am on municipal water but have a septic bed? Can I get a rebate?
Yes, if you meet all other eligibility criteria.
How do I apply for the rebate?
- Prior to purchasing a replacement toilet, confirm that it is a WaterSense certified toilet.
- Once you have purchased and installed the WaterSense toilet, print off a Rebate Application Form.
- Completely fill in the form to ensure that the City may process your rebate application.
- Read the Terms and Conditions on page 2 of the application, then sign and date the application form.
- Mail or deliver the completed application with the original receipt to:
City of North Bay
Customer Service Centre
PO Box 360
200 McIntyre St. E.
North Bay, ON P1B 8H8
What types of toilets are eligible for the rebate?
Only WaterSense certified toilets are eligible for a rebate under this program. It is up to the applicant to ensure they have purchased an eligible toilet.
What are WaterSense labelled toilets?
WaterSense is a program sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The WaterSense label is used on toilets that are certified by independent laboratory testing to meet rigorous criteria for both performance and efficiency. Only high-efficiency toilets that complete the third-party certification process can earn the WaterSense label. WaterSense labelled toilets combine high efficiency with high performance. Design advances enable WaterSense labelled toilets to save water with no trade-off in flushing power.
Where can I find a WaterSense labelled toilet?
WaterSense labelled toilets are available at many area retailers. Look for the WaterSense label on the box.
How will I receive my rebate?
Rebates are given to approved applicants as a credit on the water account.
How long does the program last?
The Residential Low-flow Toilet Replacement Rebate Program runs until the approved funds are exhausted. The City of North Bay reserves the right to alter or discontinue the program at any time. Submission of an application does not guarantee a rebate.
Do I have to have a plumber install the toilet?
No, you may choose to replace the toilet yourself.
Is there a fee if the City of North Bay inspects the toilet installation?
The City of North Bay reserves the right to inspect the installation of WaterSense labelled toilets submitted for this rebate program to verify their installation and the toiletâ€™s eligibility. There is no fee for the inspection.
I have not received my rebate on my water account or confirmation that my application was approved.
If your application is missing information or not approved, you will be notified. If you have not received any form of notification after six to eight weeks from submitting your application you may check on the status of your rebate by calling the Customer Service Centre at 705-474-0400.
That the City of North Bay does not guarantee or warranty (i) the performance of any toilet; (ii) that its installation will be free of defects; (iii) the quality of workmanship.
What do I do with my old toilet?
All applicants must dispose of their old toilets properly. You can self-haul your toilet to the Merrick Landfill Site. The Landfill is located 26 kms. from City Hall, off Hwy #11 North on Sand Dam Road in Merrick Township. A small fee will apply.