Water Special Review Committee Recommendations
The Water Special Review Committee has developed the following recommendations. The public is invited to make presentations to the special Review Committee meeting starting at 5:30p.m. Monday September 28, 2015 in the City Council Chambers concerning these recommendations or other water meter related matters.
- Approve the utilization of meter size in the establishment of water rates.
- Approve 2016 water rates being calculated using 60% fixed costs and 40% variable with an annual review to consider adjustments.
- Approve a uniform variable rate per cubic meter.
- Approve a process for customers to apply for meter size adjustments under special circumstances.
- Approve the calculation of the Water Filtration debt recovery fee be on meter size basis.
- Re-affirm the frozen water policy and include a brown water policy.
- Council review whether certain capital costs and firefighting costs should be transferred to the Property Tax Budget.
- Approve a conservation program for 2016 to be funded from the Water Completed Capital Reserve for an amount of up to $100,000, being a rebate program, for the installation of low flow toilets.
- Consider assistance programs in the future.
- Re-affirm organizations using water in production of products may be exempt from wastewater charges as per clause 18 of the current City By-law 2015-88.