Provides in-house legal services to the Mayor, Council and Administration of the City of North Bay.
- Provides legal services and governance advice to the Council and Administration of the City of North Bay, the North Bay Police Services Board, the District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board and the North Bay Mattawa Conservation Authority.
- Prepares, negotiates, or approves most by-laws and agreements.
- Liaison of Insured claims and defence of uninsured claims.
- Represents the City in labour arbitrations, collection litigation, Ontario Municipal Board planning hearings and other administrative tribunals.
- Prosecutes Provincial Offences issued in the North Bay Court Service Area by North Bay Police, Ontario Provincial Police, West Nipissing Police, Anishinabek Police and Military Police.
- Guide for Defendants in Provincial Offences Cases
- Highway Traffic Act
- Provincial Offences Act
- City By-Laws
- Fire Code
- Building Code
Request a trial date, fine payments, general inquiries, etc.
Provincial Offences Administration Centre
P.O. Box 360
North Bay, ON P1B 8H8
705-474-0400 x 2146 or 2147
(705) 474-0400 x2511Tina Murphy
Assistant City Solicitor / City Prosecutor
(705) 474-0400 x2520Ron Melnyk
By-Law Enforcement Officer
(705) 474-0400 x2512Patricia Barons
Assistant to the City Prosecutor
(705) 474-0400 x2526Cathy Thompson