Fare Policy & Pass Outlets
Transit Fare Policy
Effective June 1st, 2015
North Bay Transit cash fare is set at a cost of $3.00 unless otherwise determined by City Council. Children under the age of 5 and card carrying clients of the CNIB ride for FREE.
|Adult Monthly Pass||$86.00|
|Student Monthly Pass||$71.00|
|Reduced Monthly Pass||$61.00|
|Ten Tripper Pass||$27.00|
|Single Trip Ticket||$3.00|
North Bay Transit Family Travel Plan
Weekdays Monday to Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. until end of day service and weekends beginning Friday at 5:00 p.m. through until end of day service Sunday, up to 3 children under the age of sixteen (16) can ride free with their fare paying parent(s) or guardian(s).
Where Can Bus Passes be Purchased?
Bus Passes Available at the Transit Terminal & City Hall
Hours of Operation - 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Pass Sales Outlets
- Wingate Lottery - Northgate Shopping Centre - multiple fare cards and single trip passes
- Shoppers Drug Mart - 2025 Cassells Street - multiple fare cards and single trip passes
- Max Multi Mart - 610 Lakeshore Drive
- Shoppers Drug Mart - 276 Lakeshore Drive - multiple fare cards only
- Downtown Variety - 180 Main Street East
- Northeast Regional Health Centre Gift Shop - 50 College Drive - multiple fare cards and single trip passes
- CJ Variety - 148 Main Street West
- For Your Convenience - 150 Mountainview Drive
Reduced Passes are available at City Hall and the Transit Terminal only.
Ask Us About an Increased Saving with an Employer Group Rate!
Ridership Definitions Applicable to Transit Passes
- A person who attends school as a registered FULL-TIME student in the City of North Bay, 5 days/week, minimum of 6 hours/day, in terms of not less than 4 months. A student must show a VALID, FULL-TIME "STUDENT Photo I.D. Card", or a North Bay Transit photo I.D. card, when boarding to receive the discount.
- A person who attends elementary school in the City of North Bay, to the end of Grade 8.
- Available to Senior Citizens and Approved Disabled Applicants who have completed a form and been approved by the City Administrator or designate. With this I.D. Card, a person can purchase a monthly pass for $61.00 per calendar month. As always, Government Senior Citizen I.D. Cards will be honoured.
- Children under 5 and accompanied by an adult, ride FREE.
- A person registered with the "Canadian National Institute for the Blind". When the card is presented the individual rides FREE.
- Attendant Card
- A person who requires an attendant may purchase an "Attendant Photo ID Card" ($5.00), which enables the attendant to ride FREE.
Transit ID Cards
Transit ID Cards are processed at the Transit Terminal, between the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday to Friday. The cost is $10.00