"Family Travel Pass/Plan"from 5:00 PM Friday until 6:00 PM Sunday - up to 3 children under the age of sixteen (16), can ride free of charge with their fare paying parent/guardian.
Where Can Bus Passes be Purchased?
Bus Passes Available at the Transit Terminal & City Hall
Hours of Operation - 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Pass Sales Outlets
- Wingate Lottery - Northgate Shopping Centre - multiple fare cards and single trip passes
- Shoppers Drug Mart - Cassells St. - multiple fare cards and single trip passes
- Smoke & Lotto - Sherriff Ave.- Mini Mall across from Canada Place
- Max Multi Mart - 610 Lakeshore Dr.
- Shoppers Drug Mart - Lakeshore Dr. - multiple fare cards only
- Downtown Variety and Video - Main St. E.
- Northeast Regional Health Centre Gift Shop - multiple fare cards and single trip passes
- CJ Variety - Downton Main St.
Due to new Policy, Reduced Passes are available at City Hall and
the Transit Terminal only.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
North Bay Transit Fare Policy
|Infants (under 5) & C.N.I.B.||Free|
Day passes are available at a cost of $7.00 from Operators and Transit Clerks the day of use. They cannot be purchased in advance.
Monthly passes are available to riders at rates defined in the Monthly Pass Fee Schedule. These passes require an I.D. Card which is purchased at a cost of $10 from the Transit Office.
Term passes are available to Students and Children at rates defined in the Term Pass Fee Schedule. These passes require an I.D. Card which is purchased at a cost of $10 from the Transit Office.
|Fee Type||Cost for Sep-Dec or Jan-Apr Term||Cost for Jan-Jun Term|
|Student Term Pass||$236.00||$354.00|
|Child Term Pass||$206.00||$304.00|
Multiple Fare Cards ("Ten Trippers")
10 Transit Rides per Punch Card
|ParaBus (approval required from Parabus)||$24.75|
Children under five ride free.
Term passes available to individuals who fall within the definition of Student or Child as shown below
Ask Us About an Increased Saving with an Employer Group Rate!
Ridership Definitions Applicable to Transit Passes
- A person who attends school as a registered FULL-TIME student in the City of North Bay, 5 days/week, minimum of 6 hours/day, in terms of not less than 4 months. A student must show a VALID, FULL-TIME "STUDENT Photo I.D. Card", or a North Bay Transit photo I.D. card, when boarding to receive the discount.
- A person who attends elementary school in the City of North Bay, to the end of Grade 8.
- Available to Senior Citizens and Approved Disabled Applicants who have completed a form and been approved by the City Administrator or designate. With this I.D. Card, a person can purchase a monthly pass for $59.00 per calendar month. As always, Government Senior Citizen I.D. Cards will be honoured.
- Children under 5 and accompanied by an adult, ride FREE.
- A person registered with the "Canadian National Institute for the Blind". When the card is presented the individual rides FREE.
- Attendant Card
- A person who requires an attendant may purchase an "Attendant Photo ID Card" ($5.00), which enables the attendant to ride FREE.
- Family Travel Pass/Plan
- Monday to Thursday after 6:00 p.m. up to 3 children under the age of sixteen (16),
can ride free of charge with their fare paying parent(s) or guardian(s).
From 5:00pm Friday until end of day service Sunday - up to 3 children under the age of sixteen (16), can ride free of charge with their fare paying parent(s) or guardian(s).
Transit ID Cards
Transit ID Cards are processed at the Transit Terminal, between the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday to Friday. The cost is $10.00