Beach Safety Rules
Have a Water Smart Summer!
- Lifeguards are responsible for the area within the buoylines only. Swimmers outside the buoylines are at their own risk.
- Lifejackets are allowed as long as they are worn properly and D.O.T. approved. No waterwings or other devices unless guardian is within arms reach.
- No dogs in the park except on a 6-ft leash. No dogs in the sand or water areas of the beach
- No running or pushing on the dock. No swimming under the dock
- No jumping from rocks or other dangerous locations. Do not jump from or sit on the lifeguard chair or use any other rescue equipment.
- Do not hold or sit on buoylines unless you need help.
- Llifeguards are not for babysitting children or objects.
- No feeding the birds. (Seagulls, ducks, etc )
- Alcohol is not allowed in the park or beach area.
- The municipal parks by-law is in effect.
- Follow all posted rules and obey the instruction of any lifeguard or authorized person.
ContactsParks, Recreation and Leisure
(705) 474-0400 x2329