There are a number of cross-country ski facilities in the area.
- The Education Centre on College Drive has scenic groomed trails.
- Clarion Resort Pinewood Park has ski rentals and groomed cross-country trails.
- The North Bay Nordic Ski Club has over 40 kilometres of marked, groomed and track-set trails with a club house and snack bar open seven days a week. The club offers ski instructions, moonlight skiing, pot luck suppers and trail cookouts.
- Wasi Cross Country Ski Club is a small club located about 20 minutes south of North Bay, Ontario - close to Callander and Astorville. 17 kms of ski trails and 7 kms of snowshoe trails meander through a mix of hardwood and conifers.
- Samuel de Champlain Park offers cross-country skiing through the park on groomed trails.
Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding
For downhill skiing there is Laurentian Ski Hill on Janey Ave. The ski hill has a 310 foot vertical drop, with a state-of-the-art quad chair lift and snow making. Facilities include ski, snowboard, terrain park and ski patrol.
Snowmaking equipment ensures plenty of snow all season. These hills were the starting points for Olympic skier Kate Pace.
Check out this awesome video by National team coach Steve Omischl as he takes a quick break from preparing for the upcoming season to send North Bay his thoughts on the North Bay Freestyle team's announcement for this years Timber Tour event taking place February 2 to 4, 2018 at Laurentian Ski Hill. Watch the Video here.