When people in North Bay want to show off the city, they usually start with the magnificent Waterfront. This area has become the flagship attraction of North Bay and rightly so! In a time when there is too much hustle and bustle in our lives, the Waterfront offers a break to thousands of people who frequent the area on a regular basis.
As each summer unfolds, more and more people are using the Waterfront area for a wide variety of purposes; some of which include swimming, boating, fishing, rollerblading or just plain relaxing while watching a beautiful Lake Nipissing sunset.
Upon the arrival of winter, North Bay's Waterfront becomes a main attraction and nesting place for ice-fishing, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling.
If you are planning a trip, be sure to make the North Bay Waterfront a part of your agenda. It’s a must see!
Amenities of North Bay's Waterfront
- On the shores of beautiful Lake Nipissing
- Two miles of walkway, lots of parking
- An arboretum of plants, trees and ornamental grass
- 250 boat slip marina
- Next to the Government Dock; home port for the Chief Commanda II tour craft
- Picnic shelters, band shelters
- Plenty of beaches for swimming
- Heritage Mini-Train and Heritage Carousel
- A.C.T. Playground
- Kate Pace Way (bike path that runs along shoreline)