Marriage Licence Requirements
- An appointment is required to obtain a marriage license. Please call 705-474-0626 ext. 2507 to book an appointment. Appointments are available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- A Marriage Licence can be issued only to the applicant and/or joint applicant.
- Both parties must complete, date and sign the Marriage Licence application form.
- Both parties must provide two pieces of identification:
- Proof of age must be shown by providing an original Birth Certificate (along with Change of Name Certificate, if applicable) or current Passport; and
- Proof of identity must also be provided in the form of photo identification (current Government Photo I.D.) or Canadian Citizenship Card.
- When issuing a Marriage Licence to only the applicant or the joint applicant, we require all of the information noted on the Marriage Licence application for the absent person. We prefer, if possible, that both are present when issuing the licence.
- Any person who is 16 or 17 years of age requires both parents’ consent. Please see the Office of the City Clerk for the required documentation.
- If you have a rural address, you must provide your lot, concession number or 911 address and township.
- If you have been divorced within Canada, we require the divorced party to produce the Original or Court Certified Copy of the final Canadian Certificate of Divorce or Canadian Decree Absolute for examination by the Marriage Licence Issuer. These documents will be returned after the examination
- If you are divorced outside of Canada, please see the Office of the City Clerk for the required documentation.
- Licence Fee: 2018 - $155.00 payable by cash or Interac only.
- A Marriage Licence is valid for use anywhere in Ontario for a period of three months from the date of purchase.
- For further information, call the Office of the City Clerk at 474-0626, ext. 2507.
(705) 474-0400 x2510Jenn Montreuil
Deputy City Clerk