Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee (MAAC) is created under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and predecessor legislation.
The role of the North Bay Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee (MAAC) is to provide recommendations, advice and information to Council and City staff to help carry out their responsibilities under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The MAAC will provide a consultation forum to review and comment on municipal projects in order to enhance the quality of life for all members of the community. MAAC will advise Council and City staff on matters pertaining to:
- Measures being taken by the City to identify, remove and prevent barriers to persons with disabilities;
- By-laws, policies, programs and services implemented by the City and their effects on accessibility for persons with disabilities;
- The accessibility of new and existing municipal facilities and infrastructure; and
- Any other item under the authority of the AODA under the purview of this advisory committee.
Membership on the Committee is by Council appointment and a majority of members are citizens with a disability. Meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of each month (subject to change) at City Hall. All meetings of the Committee are open to the public. If a member of the public wishes to speak at the meetings they may contact the Chair or Secretary Treasurer to request to be added to the Agenda.
- MAAC Terms of Reference
- 2016 MAAC Annual Report.docx
- 2017 MAAC Annual Report- report to council Final.docx
- 2017 MAAC Annual Report.docx
- MAAC Agenda January 10th, 2019- first meeting.doc
- MAAC February 7th, 2019.doc
- MAAC March 7th 2019.doc
- MAAC April 4th, 2019.doc
- MAAC- May 2nd, 2019, Agenda.docx
The Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee meets the first Thursday of each month.
Committee meetings typically occur at 12:00 pm in the 5th Floor Boardroom at City Hall.
To confirm a meeting date and time, please contact Planning Services.