Request a Zone Change

Requesting a Zone Change

Important points to remember include:

  • Consultation with a Planner in the Planning Division is encouraged before submitting an application. Staff is available to explain the process, indicate the feasibility of the requested change and problems which may be encountered.
  • Applications will not be accepted if insufficient or inaccurate information is provided.

An overview of the Development process in the City of North Bay can be found in the City's Development Handbook.

How long does it take?

The process usually takes between four to six months from submission of the application to consideration by City Council.

If no objections are submitted, the Zoning By-law amendment comes into effect a month later. Complex applications, for example where there is also consideration of an amendment to the Official Plan, can take longer.

Application Form

Zoning By-law Amendment Application formsĀ are located on the Forms Page


Peter Carello
 Senior Planner, Current Operations
 (705) 474-0400 x2409