The Para Bus is a parallel-transit service, for people with disabilities, within the North Bay Transit Urban Service area.
Who can ride the Para-Bus?
You are eligible to use the North Bay Para-Bus Service if you are unable to board the conventional Transit System or walk a distance of 175 meters due to a physical disability.
How to make your reservations?
You can request the Para-Bus up to thirty (30) days in advance but you must book no later than 12:00 noon two (2) days before your appointment to ensure a ride.
How do I use the Para-Bus?
Once your application has been approved, you can book the Para Bus for service during the following hours:
|Monday to Friday:||7:30 am - 11:00 pm|
|Saturday:||9:00 am - 11:00 pm|
|Sunday:||9:30 am - 6:00 pm|
Dispatch Office Hours
|Monday to Friday||7:00 am to 5:00 pm|
How much does a ride cost?
- The fare is $3.00 per rider (one way trip for all registered riders and their attendants).
- Exact Cash Only.
- Multiple Fare Cards - $27.00
Please be ready to tell us:
- Your name, and the address at which you wish to be picked up at
- The date and time you wish to travel
- The address you are traveling to
- Purpose of trip
- What time you wish to be picked up to return home
- Is someone accompanying you?
If you are going to use the Para Bus on a regular basis such as to and from work/school or for medical appointments, you may book your trips up to a month in advance or request subscription service.
Bookings for Saturday, Sunday and Monday must be called in before 12:00 noon on Thursday.
Points to Remember
- PLEASE BOOK EARLY. Reservations are accepted up to thirty days in advance but you must book no later than 12:00 noon two business days before your appointment to ensure a ride.
- You must be registered with the Para-Bus to use the system.
- If you have to cancel a trip, please do so as early as possible, so that we can reschedule trips to accommodate others.
- If you are more than five (5) minutes late, the bus will proceed to the next scheduled ride without you. You have booked the bus - be early. You may be responsible for a $5.35 no-show charge.
- Fares for Specialized Transit Service trips are the same as for North Bay's conventional service. You can use a 10-Trip parabus ticket or cash.
- One Companion may come with you provided there is enough space available at the time of booking. All companions must each pay the same one way fare as the customer.
- Groceries and other parcels may be brought with you on Specialized Transit, but limited to only what you can carry in one load. Drivers will not assist with carrying groceries or similar packages. Arrangements should be made for someone else to assist you if you cannot carry packages by yourself.
Where can I get an application?
Applications are available at the Transit Terminal, 190 Wyld Street. An online copy of the application form is also available to fill and print.