The City of North Bay welcomes the opportunity to communicate and engage the public. We strive to respond to relevant questions and comments in a timely manner, but because we cannot engage in all conversations, we reserve the right to use our judgement in selecting the messages we respond to. You are individually responsible for the content of your comments. We want all our users to be able to express their opinions freely and enter into informed and productive discussion. While we want this to be an open and honest forum, the comments you leave should be constructive, helpful, or insightful. The City of North Bay will not engage in conversations that are of the following nature:
- Comments not topically related to our services and programs;
- Comments that are offensive to an individual or organization, profane, hateful or defamatory, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive or violent;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, age, religion, gender or national origin;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Messages for advertising/marketing purposes;
- Messages that contain spam;
- Comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office;
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others;
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages;
- Messages that impersonate or misrepresent someone else, including public figures, City staff or City officials;
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users.
Violation of these terms of engagement may result in limited or blocked access. The City of North Bay is not responsible for any use of material posted by users. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time.