Health and Social Services
Comprehensive medical services are provided by a fully accredited medical hospital and a psychiatric facility.
The medical community is comprised of specialists and general practitioners that provide patients with the highest quality of care. North Bay's physicians and specialists work with some of the most modern equipment found anywhere. Their services are sought by both local and non-resident patients in need of specialized treatment.
For more information call:
- North Bay Regional Health Centre - 705-474-7525
- Northeastern Mental Health Centre - 705-474-1200
- Telehealth Ontario - 866-797-0000
- AIDS Committee of North Bay & Area
ACNBA assists and supports all persons infected or affected by HIV/AIDS and/or Hepatitis C and limits the spread of the viruses through education, awareness, outreach strategies and treatment.
- One Kids Place Children's Treatment Centre
To provide community-based rehabilitation and related support services for children and youth (up to the age of 19) and their families living in the Districts of Nipissing, Muskoka and Parry Sound.
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
The Health Unit works with communities to foster conditions that determine and support sustainable health.
- Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an accredited organization dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth, and developmentally challenged adults who need support and guidance.
- District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board
North Bay has a well established support system to take care of the needs of the less fortunate members of our community.
- LIPI - Low Income People Involvement
Local organization that provides information about affordable housing rentals for families and individuals. Services that are provided are: advocacy and resource co-ordination in all aspects of social services, crisis response, resource center, community
- Nipissing Association for Disabled Youth
To improve and implement services for disabled children and young adults requiring special needs in our community.
- Community Living North Bay