Ice Users Info
All arenas now have a practice buzzer installed to ensure the safety of participants. This buzzer will be used at the one-minute mark of each practice to let the user group know that they have one minute left in their practice. When you hear the buzzer, preparations to leave the ice surface should begin i.e. pick up pucks, final laps, etc. All participants must be off of the ice before the zamboni gets on the ice.
Reminders of new policies or changes:
- All bookings and cancellations must be done in writing.
- Any cancellations with 7 or less days notice are subject to a full rental fee charge
- Cancellations occurring more than 7 days before the rental date are subject to a $25.00 per hour cancellation fee.
- Meeting rooms and auditorium use are subject to a rental fee.
- All ice rentals are based on a 50 minute rental (allowing for flood time).
No participants shall go on the ice until the zamboni is off of the ice and the doors are closed.
Please help to keep our arenas safe.
Help Us Go Green!
The 3 municipal arenas are working with the City of North Bay Environmental Services Department to implement a commercial recycling program. Large commercial blue carts have been placed in the arenas to assist you in recycling. Be sure to pay attention to the signs and recycle according to the designed bin in order to avoid contamination.
Accept the challenge to reduce, reuse and recycle!
Current environmental initiatives include:
- Cardboard and plastic recycling
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Water conservation
- Energy conservation through recycling and the installation of new energy efficient fixtures.
Casual Ice Rentals
Ice rentals can be booked and confirmed over the phone when accompanied by a credit card number. Other rentals are confirmed upon payment. Casual ice must be paid for 48 hours prior to the date booked. Payment may be made over the phone with a credit card number at Memorial Gardens or Pete Palangio Arena business offices.
To inquire about ice availability, please contact Pete Palangio business office at (705)476-2000 or Memorial Gardens business office at (705)474-3770
Our Online Ice Fax Service is now updated every 30 minutes.
Book over the phone with a credit card - certain conditions apply.
A variety of rooms are available at each of our arenas that could accommodate community meetings, recreation programs, fundraising events and other special activities. These rooms vary in size to accommodate groups of up to as many as 150 people.
Facility Rental Payments
Facility rental payments can be taken over the phone with a credit card number*. We accept Visa*, MasterCard*, Cash or Interac.
* for casual rentals only.