Outdoor Burning during COVID-19
North Bay, ON – May 20, 2020 – Recreational fires are now allowed within the City of North Bay provided that the regulations outlined in the Outdoor Burning Bylaw are adhered to.
This includes obtaining a permit and burning in a safe location while using an approved manufactured appliance. The fee for a recreational burn permit is $26. Applications may be completed online at:
Non-cash payments can be made by:
- Mail: The Corporation of the City of North Bay
200 McIntyre Street East
North Bay, ON P1B 8V6
- Drop Box: To the left of the front doors of City Hall. Please make cheques payable to City of North Bay, enclosed in a sealed envelope.
- Phone: 705-474-0400. Payments by credit card (Visa or Master Card).
If you are going to enjoy a fire, please remember physical distancing and fire safety rules, including:
- Burning between 7:30 pm and 1:00 am
- Have method to extinguish fire (water, etc)
- Burning by competent adult only & always attended
- Report out of control fires immediately
- Be respectful of neighbours
- Burn only clean dried wood or charcoal
- Burn only if wind is less than 15 kilometers per hour
- Do not burn during rain or fog
- Do not burn grass, plastics, painted materials
- Do not burn if you do not have signed permission from building/property owner